Classic FM host John Suchet is a respected author and presenter, who reported and presented the news on ITN from 1976-2004. He joined Classic FM in 2010, and hosts its most listened-to programme, the Weekday Morning Show. Renowned as one of Britain's experts on Ludwig van Beethoven, he has written six books about the composer.
Enjoy the ultimate classical music voyage with John Suchet - CANCELLED
The Government has given the go-ahead for all river cruises. For up-to-date advice on travel and COVID-19, see our homepage.
The mighty Danube flows through the heart of Europe and on this
wonderful all-inclusive river cruise, you'll sail along it amid
stunning scenery through four countries. In addition, Mail on
Sunday readers will be joined for this cruise by classical music
expert John Suchet.
Starting in Passau, Germany, home to Europe's largest pipe organ, you'll sail into Austria with stops at Linz - from which you can visit Salzburg, Mozart's birthplace - Melk and Dürnstein.
Next stop is Vienna, where Beethoven, Mozart, Strauss, Schubert, Mahler and Brahms all lived and worked, and where Classic FM presenter John will introduce an evening of chamber music featuring their famous works.
He will also give an exclusive talk and host a question-and-answer session aboard your luxurious Uniworld ship, compere a piano recital and join you for two fascinating excursions. You'll also visit Bratislava, capital of Slovakia, before disembarking in Hungary's beautiful capital, Budapest. This voyage in spring 2021 is the perfect break for music-lovers keen to explore the highlights of central Europe.
Exclusive events with John Suchet
Sail in all-inclusive luxury
The delights of the Danube
VIP concerts with John Suchet
Trip 100% financially protected
Your expert guides
- Outbound flight to Munich and inbound from Budapest to various UK airports.
- Seven nights' all-inclusive Uniworld cruise on SS Maria Theresa in a Riverview Stateroom.
- Five-star, farm-to-table cuisine and unlimited premium spirits and wines on board.
- Two exclusive talks on board from John Suchet.
- Six days of excursions, with 'Choice is Yours' options, as detailed in the full itinerary.
- Vienna Music and Composers walking tour with John.
- Private Mozart and Strauss concert in Vienna introduced by John.
- Visit to Budapest's Opera House with John.
- Exclusive piano concert on board hosted by John
- English-speaking guides
- Services of a Uniworld cruise director and tour manager.
- All gratuities, both on board and on shore
Day1Fly to MunichPassau, Germany
Fly to Munich before being transferred to Passau where you board your luxurious SS Marie Theresa for seven nights
Day2Explore Passau and talkPassau, Germany
Day3Linz and SalzburgLinz, Austria
Day4Melk and DurnsteinMelk, Austria
Day5Vienna and private concertVienna, Austria
Day7Budapest and piano concertBudapest, Hungary
Day8Fly home from BudapestBudapest, Hungary
Brought to you by
To view Uniworld’s supplier’s terms and conditions click here.